Tuesday, July 21, 2009

26 Weeks

We are soon headed on a family vacation to Eagle River, Wisconsin. I have baked, done laundry, cleaned the house, and packed for all climates of weather...North Woods here we come!

Pictures will be posted when we return. Eric and I are excited to visit with family at the annual Simms Family Gathering. Eagle River is always a time of sharing old family memories and making new ones. This year we will have 3 generations present with the 4th on the way; the eldest of the group being my Great Uncle Glenn who will turn 90 this fall. He is the family historian and loves to tell us stories of our family's past. He and Eric have become great friends and I enjoy watching the two of them with their heads together sharing stories.

I am already looking forward to next summer when we can take our daughter/son on their first trip to Eagle River. This trip has become a tradition in my family, and one that we look forward to each July and reminisce about the whole year. Say a prayer for a safe and fun trip!

1 comment:

  1. Prayers certainly! I am so sad to not see Eric and Poppy visiting together this year. I, too, love to see them! Poppy loves Eric so much! He really found a way into his heart, I know!!

    Hope all three of you have a wonderful time in the North Woods!! I miss you!!

    Love,
    Low

    ReplyDelete