Thursday, December 3, 2009

Mommy's Least Favorite Game


I have always been a girl that loves to play games. Perhaps it all started with a nasty game of checkers or HORSE in the driveway against my brother. During my childhood, into adolescence, and adulthood I have never been shy to partake in any sort of competitive game- softball, rock-paper-scissors, mini-golf, and the occasional beer-pong or flippy cup in college.

While pregnant with Porter,Eric and I imagined all the fun games that we would play with him: catch, hide and go seek, and once he is older Daddy will love to teach him all about football and basketball. Although our little boy is "ahead of the game," so to speak, and has created his own night time game called Drop the Pacifier. This has become my very LEAST favorite game.

Here are the rules: Porter gets tucked into his bassinet after his 3:30-4am feeding. Mommy inserts pacifier. Porter starts to drift off to sleep and down goes the pacifier. Mommy, half asleep, searches the bassinet for the pacifier and inserts it into Porter's mouth before he wails and wakes up Daddy. Repeat for the next hour and a half.

I hate this game. Eric hates this game. And I am not sure that Porter is a fan either.

I want to teach him a new game- Find your Thumb When You Drop Your Pacifier.

Good luck to us all...

No comments:

Post a Comment