Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Change in Plans...

I found out this week that I am no longer in control. I knew this would happen after the baby came with feeding schedules, napping, and doting on the baby's every need. He or she would dictate for the first few weeks when Mom and Dad would eat and sleep too, but I wasn't ready for the turn of events that have happened recently...
Yesterday I had a midwife appointment. Mom and I had a full day of shopping at Babies R Us and Target planned for after the appointment. Unfortunately, we never did get to go shopping. My blood pressure was a little high and concerning to my midwife. I was instructed to go home and rest for the remainder of the day and night and report back to have my b.p. checked again this morning. I was really bummed and thinking about all the things that we needed to buy before Baby Snider made his/her appearance--which I am sure didn't help the elevated blood pressure!
So, I rested all yesterday and let Eric dote on me (very difficult for me) and found out this morning that my blood pressure had gone up again. So, after a non-stress test and ultrasound we determined that Baby is healthy as can be, but Momma is done working and on complete bed rest until Baby is delivered. I have daily appointments this week with labs and a lovely jug that I get to pee into (may be TMI), but it is only the beginning of a long list of the not-so-glamorous-ness that is motherhood.
Worse case scenario is that I will have a scheduled induction as soon as the end of the week. Wasn't my ideal way to give birth because of all the horror stories I have heard of inductions, but we will be more than happy to have our little one enter the world healthy. We will keep everyone updated on our little adventure that is pregnancy-induced hypertension and I must thank Gram and Papa Turner for all the shopping, cooking, and playing chauffeur back and forth to the hospital!!

Love to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment