Sunday, February 28, 2010

My Boys

As I sit here on a sunny Sunday morning with my cup of coffee next to me, I am watching my boys sleep. Eric is on the couch soundly sleeping. Porter is in his pack and play sighing and making those cute noises that he emits when he is sleeping soundly. The house is peaceful. It isn't as clean as I would like it- there are dishes in the sink, the bathroom floors need to be cleaned, and there is a thin layer of dust on the furniture if you look closely. Before Porter, this would have bothered me. I would be frantically cleaning on Saturday morning in order to get the house put together and cleaned for the weekend and following week. I could be cleaning or at least doing a load of laundry. Instead, I sit here watching my boys sleep and taking in the pure serenity of the moment. With March quickly approaching, I realize that the luck of the Irish has found me and blessed me two times over.
Porter has a cardiologist appointment on Friday. He is a happy, thriving little boy. I have no doubts that the appointment will go as planned. Although, I have to prepare myself for the chance that because he is growing and changing, so is his heart. Any change-especially growth- can put stress on his valve and increase the possibility that he will need another procedure.

But I have Irish on my side- and hopefully the luck that usually goes with it. If all goes well we will be back for another appointment in June. And as much as we like Dr. Neuberger, seeing him every 3 months is enough for us!

No comments:

Post a Comment