Monday, June 29, 2009

Summer Fun

I have to say that summer is the best part of being a teacher. Yes, I enjoy the students and my co-workers, but nothing beats sleeping in and catching some good rays (slathered in SPF of course)! Summertime also makes me think of family--whether it be spending an afternoon at Mom and Dad's pool or watching our nieces swimming at Aurora Country Club, cookouts and picnics are always more enjoyable in 80 degree weather too. It is hard to imagine that next summer will look totally different for our family. Poppa and Gram Turner will have a new grandson or granddaughter to enjoy their pool, and our nieces will have a new cousin to teach water tricks to at the country club.
I am truly enjoying being pregnant this summer and taking advantage of all the relaxation time I can get. Although, Eric and I both look forward to a new and exciting summer next year when we can take our first family vacation, and spend long summer days with our son or daughter just enjoying being Mom, Dad, and Baby.


No comments:

Post a Comment